Hazardous Manual Tasks Training Course
In every workplace, workers are exposed to day to day activities which involve some kind of manual handling, some more hazardous than others. These tasks are a common cause of injury in the workplace, and as such, understanding how to undertake these tasks safely is imperative. Without manual handling training, employees can make mistakes and even suffer serious injury.
Conducted by our experienced workplace safety professionals, this course is designed to train participants in how to safely identify, plan and perform manual handling tasks to assist in maintaining an injury free workplace. This course is contextualised to your unique manual handling environment and is applicable across a range of industries, such as:
Health Care Workers
Mining and Construction
Retail and Warehousing
Face to Face
Course Delivery Details
- Face to Face: 4 hours full face to face course
- Blended: 3 hours full face to face course
- Refresher Training: 2 hours face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
- Online with face to face assessment: Online learning with 1 hour of face to face assessment.
Course Delivery Options
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an Intrinsic Safety Training or Third party facility.
Important information regarding course durations:
Course durations are reflective of group sizes between 4 and 15 students.
If there are less students in a group course duration may be reduced by a maximum of 10%.
Therefore, if a class size exceeds 15 students it may be necessary to increase course duration
Individual bookings require payment upfront or at time of booking.
Group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and Intrinsic Safety Training.
Please refer to our refund policy.
Course Content and Assessment
The key areas covered by this course include:
- WHS Regulatory requirement relating to manual tasks
- Roles and responsibilities in relation to manual handling safety
- Risk management approach to hazardous manual tasks
- Risk factors and potential sources of risks for hazardous manual tasks
- Types of manual task activity and the injuries that can result
- The human body and the the risk from performing hazardous manual tasks
- Manual handling techniques that support safe work practices
Both practical (tasks and scenarios) and written theory assessments will be conducted during face to face training sessions.
Students undertaking this course will have to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete this course
Personal safety equipment must be provided by/for the student and worn during training
Students attending courses at our venues must provide:
Lunch (cafes operate within or close to all of our training venues)
Appropriate clothing (preferably long pants and closed footwear)
Student Rights and Responsibilities
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. By enrolling into any of our courses you are deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions outlined in our Student Handbook.
Students will be required to show proof of identification at the commencement of the course.